Sarah Brown is a Senior Associate Health Scientist II with Cardno ChemRisk in the Boulder office. She received her M.S. in Environmental Health Science from the University of Massachusetts Amherst in 2016; her thesis work focused on the effects of butylparaben exposure on pancreatic development in zebrafish embryos. Sarah specializes in toxicology, chemical risk characterization, exposure and risk assessment, toxicological profiles, and litigation support. She has evaluated the health effects of both consumer and occupational exposures to a wide variety of chemicals including asbestos, talc, DEHP, PFOA, parabens, and various flavoring ingredients and harmful or potentially harmful chemicals (HPHCs) in electronic and oral nicotine delivery systems.
- MS, Environmental Health Science, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 2016
- BS, Biology, Saint Michael's College, 2012
- Society of Toxicology, full member
Most Recent Awards/Professional Honors
- RESOT Poster Award (2015)
- NAC SETAC Travel Award (2015)