Ms. Ruth Hwang is an Associate Health Scientist II with Cardno ChemRisk. She completed her Master’s degree in Environmental Health Sciences at the UCLA Fielding School of Public Health and her Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Toxicology at UC Davis. Her primary areas of expertise include toxicology, biosafety, hazardous waste management, environmental fate and transport, and human health risk assessment. She is 40-Hour HAZWOPER and US DOT HazMat Transportation Safety certified. Her graduate work included research she conducted at the Center for Environmental Implications of Nanotechnology on upconversion nanoparticle toxicity and safety in the liver. Currently, she manages and works on litigation projects that evaluate the potential for individual exposure to various occupational hazards. She also assists clients with employee health and safety, biosafety, and hazardous waste management. Additionally, she has experience regarding chemical food safety and quality assurance in pharmaceuticals.
- MS, Environmental Health Sciences, UCLA Fielding School of Public Health, 2019
- BS, Environmental Toxicology, UC Davis, 2015
- DOT HAZMAT Transportation, December 2020
- 40 Hour HAZWOPER Certificate, October 2020
- Hazardous Waste Training for Industry Certificate, California Unified Program 21st Annual Training Conference, February 2019