Rachel Reid is a Senior Associate Health Scientist at Cardno ChemRisk located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh, where she earned a B.S. in Chemical Engineering. Her primary areas of expertise and training include chemical engineering, computational modeling, geographic information systems, quantitative exposure assessment, environmental fate and transport analysis, thermodynamics, mass and energy transport, organic chemistry, reaction kinetics, system dynamics and modeling, and process design. At Cardno ChemRisk, she has utilized her quantitative skills to model chemical emissions and evaluate chemical exposures, to adapt a physiologically based-pharmacokinetic (PBPK) model in the R coding language, to perform geospatial chemical mass balances utilizing ArcGIS, and to perform statistical evaluations. She has experience with several computational models and software such as AERSCREEN, AERMOD, IHMOD, R, acslX, ProUCL, and ArcGIS.
- BS, Chemical Engineering, University of Pittsburgh (2016)
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
Most Recent Awards/Professional Honors
- Cardno GEM Award for client service
- National Society of Leadership and Success
- II-IV Foundation Scholarship Award (2012)