Ms. Neva Jacobs is a Supervising Health Scientist with Cardno ChemRisk. She is a board-certified industrial hygienist with over eight years of professional experience in exposure assessment and health risk assessment. Her primary training and areas of expertise include quantitative exposure assessment, industrial hygiene, human health risk assessment, and corporate history documentation. She has been involved in characterizing risks associated with exposures to a variety of potential environmental and occupation hazards, including asbestos, metals, pesticides, organic flavorings, microbes, noise, and radiation.
Ms. Jacobs earned her MSPH in Industrial Hygiene from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and also holds a certificate in Risk Assessment from the Johns Hopkins Risk Sciences and Public Policy Institute. For her master’s project, Ms. Jacobs investigated take-home exposures to chrysotile asbestos, comparing results across NIOSH 7400, NIOSH 7402, and ISO 10312 fiber counting methods. Before graduate school, she oversaw air monitoring projects to investigate pesticide drift in agricultural communities. Ms. Jacobs received a BA in Environmental Science from Colorado College, during which she performed independent research on the phytoremediation potential of urban garden edible plants and resulting heavy metal ingestion from this food source.
- Johns Hopkins University; Bloomberg School of Public Health, Environmental Health DrPH program, estimated graduation 2025
- MSPH, Industrial Hygiene, Johns Hopkins University; Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2013
- BA, Environmental Science, Colorado College, 2008
- American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) - COVID-19 Re-Open America Guidelines Task Force (2020-Present); Technical Reviewer for Education Session and/or Professional Development Course proposals for AIHce conference (2019); AIHA Risk Committee (2018-Present)
- NIOSH National Occupational Research Agenda (NORA) Agriculture, Forestry, and Fishing Sector Council (2016-Present)
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Comprehensive Practice (CP# 11355), American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH), 2017
- Certificate in Risk Sciences and Public Policy, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2013
Most Recent Awards/Professional Honors
- National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health Education and Research Center (ERC) training grant, 2012-2013