Ms. Neva Jacobs is a Senior Supervising Health Scientist with Cardno ChemRisk. She is a board-certified industrial hygienist with 10 years of professional experience in exposure assessment and health risk assessment. Her primary training and areas of expertise include quantitative exposure assessment, industrial hygiene, human health risk assessment, and corporate history documentation. She has been involved in characterizing risks associated with exposures to a variety of potential environmental and occupation hazards, including asbestos, metals, pesticides, organic flavorings, microbes, noise, and radiation. She also has training and experience in evaluating and controlling risks to workers and consumers from food production and retail facilities. She holds certifications in ServSafe training and in HACCP plan development.
Ms. Jacobs earned her MSPH in Industrial Hygiene from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and also holds a certificate in Risk Assessment from the Johns Hopkins Risk Sciences and Public Policy Institute. Before graduate school, she oversaw air monitoring projects, investigating pesticide drift in agricultural communities. Ms. Jacobs received a BA in Environmental Science from Colorado College, during which she performed independent research on the phytoremediation potential of urban garden edible plants and resulting heavy metal ingestion from this food source.
- Johns Hopkins University; Bloomberg School of Public Health, Environmental Health DrPH program, estimated graduation 2025
- MSPH, Industrial Hygiene, Johns Hopkins University; Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2013
- BA, Environmental Science, Colorado College, 2008
- American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) - COVID-19 Re-Open America Guidelines Task Force (2020-Present); Technical Reviewer for Education Session and/or Professional Development Course proposals for AIHce conference (2019); AIHA Risk Committee (2018-Present)
- NIOSH National Occupational Research Agenda (NORA) Agriculture, Forestry, and Fishing Sector Council (2016-Present)
- ServSafe Food Manager, ServSafe, 2021
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Comprehensive Practice (CP# 11355), American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH), 2017
- Certificate in Risk Sciences and Public Policy, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2013
Most Recent Awards/Professional Honors
- AIHA President's Award, 2021
- AIHA Social Responsibility Award, 2021
- Selected for the American Industrial Hygiene Association's Future Leaders Institute Program, 2018
- National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health Education and Research Center (ERC) training grant, 2012-2013