Ms. Laura Hallett is a Health Scientist with Cardno ChemRisk, with over three years of experience in industrial hygiene, exposure assessment, occupational health and safety, and occupational air modeling. At Cardno ChemRisk, Ms. Hallett provides a broad range of environmental, health and safety services for both litigation and non-litigation matters. Ms. Hallett earned her MS in Occupational and Environmental Health with a focus in Industrial Hygiene from the University of Iowa, and holds a BS in Environmental Health Science from the University of Georgia. Her research during graduate school focused on development of and validation of low-cost and consumer sensor technologies for use in occupational environments. She currently serves as the President Elect of the Pittsburgh AIHA local section and is a member of the AIHA Exposure Assessment Strategies Committee and the Stewardship and Sustainability Committee.
Ms. Hallett has experience in providing on-site industrial hygiene and occupational safety support, conducting risk assessments for chemical and particulate exposures, and developing exposure models to predict occupational and community exposures to chemicals. She has managed and provided support for numerous litigation projects involving exposure to asbestos, talc, respirable coal dust, volatile organic compounds, and silica, among other chemical and particulate substances. Ms. Hallett has provided occupational safety and health support, including COVID-19 support, to TV and media production companies working in the U.S. Additionally, she has provided COVID-19 risk management support and training to numerous clients across industrial sectors in the U.S. and worldwide.
- MS, Occupational and Environmental Health, University of Iowa, 2017
- BS, Environmental Health Science, University of Georgia, 2015
- American Industrial Hygiene Association, 2015 - Present; Pittsburgh Local Section, 2017 - present; President Elect, July 2020- Present
- American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists, 2016 - Present
Most Recent Awards/Professional Honors
- Delta Omega Honorary Society in Public Health, Alpha Phi Chapter
- Zwerlinger-Sprince Scholarship in Occupational and Environmental Health, University of Iowa, 2017
- Clyde M. Berry Memorial Scholarship Recipient, American Industrial Hygiene Foundation, 2016