Ms. Parker is a Managing Health Scientist with Cardno ChemRisk with over 15 years of experience in areas of industrial hygiene, exposure assessment, and occupational health. She previously served as a Health and Safety advisor for nine years for ABC News in New York City. She is a graduate of Sam Houston State University where she earned a B.S. in Industrial Design with a minor in Environmental Science.
At Cardno ChemRisk, Ms. Parker provides a broad range of professional occupational health and safety services including emergency response. She has designed and implemented industrial hygiene hazard and risk assessments including EHS programs and field protocols for diverse clients. Her expertise includes interpreting exposure data and developing appropriate recommendations. She is expert in creating and implementing health and safety programs and protocols associated with emergency response including building and infrastructure, radiation, hostile environments, Ebola response, PTSD programs, wildfires, floods and other natural disasters. Ms. Parker has been involved in helping companies prepare and respond to the COVID-19 pandemic including developing risk management strategies, communication strategies, case management plans and return to normal operations plans to aid in the continuation of business operations while protecting workers.
Ms. Parker is a board Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) and Certified in Public Health (CPH). She is active in the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) at both the local and national level as a member of the Content Priority Advisory Group (CPAG), the International Affairs Committee and the AIHA Back To Work Safely COVID-19 Task Force. Justine is an ongoing supporter and volunteer for Jefferson County Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) supporting and advocating children of abuse and neglect.
- BS, Industrial Design, Sam Houston State University, May 2005
- American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA), 2013 – Present
- American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) Rocky Mountain Local Section, 2017 – Present
- AIHA Content Priority Advisory Group (CPAG) 2020- Present
- AIHA Back To Work Safely (BTWS) COVID-19 Task Force 2020 – Present
- AIHA International Affairs Committee, 2018 – Present
- AIHA Occupational Exposure Banding Committee, 2019 – Present
- AIHA Women in IH, 2019 – Present
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Comprehensive Practice (CP #10340) by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH), 2013
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), (#CSP-36831) by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP), 2019
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), (#14555) by the Institute of Hazardous Materials Management (IHMM), 2007
- Certified in Public Health (CPH), (#12074) by the National Board of Public Health Examiners (NBPHE), 2015
Most Recent Awards/Professional Honors
- 2017 MVP (Bureau Veritas) Award, Wildfire Response and Support, Santa Rosa, California Wildfires.
- 2013 Edward R. Murrow award, Hurricane Sandy Coverage, ABC News Operations
- 2005 Dale Benke Scholarship Award, Sam Houston State University, Department of Engineering Technology