Mr. Jonathan Heywood is an Associate Health Scientist with Cardno ChemRisk. He earned his MPH in Environmental and Occupational Health from the University of Colorado in 2018, and a BS in Wildlife Ecology and Conservation from the University of Nevada, Reno, in 2016. His principle areas of training include environmental chemistry and toxicology, population modeling, exposure assessment, and science communication for technical and public audiences. During his graduate studies, Mr. Heywood assisted with an exposure assessment of noise and air hazards associated with unconventional oil and gas development (fracking) in residential areas and performed a study of recreational water quality inspection and data use practices. His capstone work examined aquatic inspection and data use standards across U.S. health jurisdictions and identified current and future best practices based on CDC’s Model Aquatic Health Code. Mr. Heywood has additional experience in biogeochemistry and risk characterization. While at Cardno ChemRisk, he has managed and provided support for various litigation, research, and toxicology projects.
- MPH, Environmental & Occupational Health, University of Colorado, 2018
- BS, Wildlife Ecology & Conservation, University of Nevada, Reno, 2016
- The Wildlife Society, 2014-Present
- Colorado Environmental Health Association, 2016-Present
- National Environmental Health Association, 2017-Present