Mr. Jason Lotter is a Supervising Health Scientist with Cardno ChemRisk in Chicago. His principal areas of training and expertise include industrial hygiene, exposure and risk assessment, and occupational safety. He has been involved in researching, measuring, and reconstructing exposures, and assessing risks to consumers, residents, and workers, from a variety of chemicals including formaldehyde, silica, diacetyl, coal dust, lead, particulate matter, hexavalent chromium, asbestos, and metals. Mr. Lotter completed his master’s degree in Public Health Science, with an emphasis in industrial hygiene, from the University of Illinois at Chicago. For his master’s thesis, he evaluated groundwater arsenic in Guatemala and conducted a risk assessment related to arsenic exposure for local residents.
At ChemRisk, Mr. Lotter has conducted independent research on various topics and chemicals, and has presented his research at scientific conferences and published in the peer-reviewed literature. He has also conducted indoor air modeling for formaldehyde, provided industrial hygiene and occupational safety support during refinery turnarounds, and has assisted in the completion of various exposure simulation studies.
Mr. Lotter currently co-leads the Cardno ChemRisk Cleaning and Disinfectant Product initiative, focusing on peracetic acid and other antimicrobial chemicals. He is a member of the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) and currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Chicago Local Section of AIHA. He has been as a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) since 2016.
- MS, Public Health Science, University of Illinois at Chicago, 2012
- BS, Civil Engineering, University of Illinois at Chicago, 2010
- American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA); Full Member, 2012 – present; Chicago Local Section Board of Directors, 2015 – present
- Engineers Without Borders (EWB)- Student Member, 2008 – 2012; University of Illinois at Chicago Student Chapter President, 2010 – 2011
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) in Comprehensive Practice, American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH), Certificate #11091 CP, 2016
Most Recent Awards/Professional Honors
- Recipient of American Industrial Hygiene Conference & Expo (AIHce)
- Recipient of Chicago American Industrial Hygiene Association Local Section