Mr. Evan M. Beckett is a Supervising Health Scientist with Cardno ChemRisk and a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH). His principal areas of training and expertise include toxicology, industrial hygiene, exposure science, and health risk assessment. He has been involved in researching, measuring and reconstructing exposure, and assessing risk to workers, consumers, and communities to a variety of agents, such as formaldehyde, asbestos, talc, diacetyl, inorganic lead (Pb2+), methyl tert butyl ether (MTBE), ethylene glycol ethers, and perfluorinated chemicals (PFCs). He also has experience in industrial hygiene sampling assessments for various agents, including formaldehyde, diacetyl, and various other volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
Mr. Beckett completed his Master of Public Health (MPH) degree in Environmental Health Sciences with a focus in Toxicology and earned a certificate in Risk Science and Human Health from the University of Michigan School of Public Health Risk Science Center in 2014. He completed a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Neuroscience from the University of Michigan in 2010. He also has several years of research and laboratory experience as a technician in the Department of Pediatric Endocrinology at the University of Michigan Medical School, where he studied reproductive and metabolic implications of exposure to androgens and BPA in sheep.
Mr. Beckett has conducted independent research and literature reviews on a variety of topics. He has presented this work at scientific conferences and has published in the peer-reviewed literature. He has also served as a peer reviewer for scientific journals.
- MPH, Environmental Health Sciences – Toxicology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 2014
- BS, Neuroscience, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 2010
- Society of Toxicology (SOT) - Risk Assessment Specialty Section (RASS); Exposure Specialty Section (ESS)
- Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC)
- Society for the Study of Reproduction (SSR)
- The Society for Risk Analysis (SRA)
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH) – Credential #11900
Most Recent Awards/Professional Honors
- Award Recipient from 94th Annual Meeting and Expo of The Endocrine Society (2012) - “Outstanding Abstract” Award. Abstract #851844 – Developmental programming: prenatal and postnatal contribution of androgen and insulin in the reprogramming of pubertal onset in prenatal testosterone-treated sheep
- University of Michigan School of Public Health Deans Award Recipient (2012-2013 and 2013-2014)