Mr. Eric Miller is a Senior Health Scientist with Cardno ChemRisk and a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH). His primary areas of training and expertise include toxicology, exposure assessment, risk assessment and risk modeling. He has been involved in researching and reconstructing exposures, and assessing risk to workers, consumers, and communities to a variety of agents, such as asbestos, talc, formaldehyde, inorganic lead, cobalt, chromium, preservatives, diisocyanates, and perfluorinated chemicals. He is routinely involved in litigation support and various research projects. He also has experience in industrial hygiene sampling assessments for various agents, including asbestos, talc, formaldehyde, metals, halogenated compounds, and various other volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Mr. Miller completed his Master of Public Health (MPH) in Environmental Health Sciences with a concentration in Toxicology from the University of Michigan. He has research and laboratory experience in organic chemistry and experience with the immunological mechanisms of dermal sensitization to isocyanates, isocyanate exposure assessment methods in a variety of occupational settings, epigenetic mechanisms involved in developmental pathways and the relationship between in-utero TCDD exposure and endometriosis.
Mr. Miller has conducted independent research and literature reviews on a variety of topics. He has presented his findings at scientific conferences and has published in the peer-reviewed literature. Additionally, he has experience in industry, reviewing and interpreting toxicology study findings, making product classification recommendations and characterizing hazards for human health risk assessments.
- MPH, Environmental Health Sciences (Toxicology), University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 2012
- BS, Biomedical Sciences, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, 2008
- Society of Toxicology (SOT), 2012-present – Risk Assessment Specialty Section (RASS)
- American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA), 2015-present
- Genetic and Environmental Toxicology Association of Northern California, 2012-2016
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH) – Credential #11667