Ms. Amelia McGill is an Assistant Health Scientist with Cardno ChemRisk. She graduated in 2019 from Michigan State University (MSU) with a BS in Nutritional Science, a BS in Human Biology, and minors in Spanish and Health Promotion. Ms. McGill has experience as an undergraduate teaching assistant and research assistant. In her laboratory role, she studied extracellular vesicles (EVs) and techniques to track their biodistribution. After completing her undergraduate education, she received a Fulbright Spain Teaching Award. While in Spain, she integrated English into university-level Spanish-speaking science courses, such as nutrition and public health. She also participated in research with the university’s faculty to implement a public health assessment tool in primary schools. At Cardno ChemRisk, Ms. McGill analyzes product testing data and prepares toxicological profiles for chemicals in e-cigarettes and nicotine-containing products, and provides support for asbestos and talc litigation.
- BS, Nutritional Science, Michigan State University, May 2019
- BS, Human Biology, Michigan State University, May 2019
Most Recent Awards/Professional Honors
- Fulbright Award Recipient, 2019-2020
- Phi Beta Kappa, 2018
- MSU’s College of Agriculture and Natural Resources Alumni Association Award, 2018
- MSU’s Cole International Study Award, 2015, 2017